Comincia il porno di cibo!
Gorgonzola, capesante con capriolo (!), e fichi dal Mercato Centrale e cioccolata dal Vestri’s.
Mercato Centrale di San Lorenzo a Firenze,
Stabilirsi sul primo giorno. Ha preso alcune foto della costruzione della residenza e della vicinanza.
Settling in on the first day. Took some shots of the residency building and close vicinity.
Photo with 3 notes
Today I finally opened all of my packages that were sent to me from around the world this summer while I was abroad. Some of this I purchased specifically for friends back home. I now have candy from Sweden, Germany, Italy, Iceland, and Japan. Thanks for the love, guys!
Happy Summerween, everyone, welcome to paradise!
Post with 4 notes
Ten things I will miss about Iceland (in no particular order):
1) kind, genuine, and caring Icelanders who are not afraid of strangers. Icelanders also have a beautiful, soft, breath-y way of (or graceful emphasis on inhaling and exhaling while) speaking.
2) grass-fed, free-range lamb
3) Skyr (if I did not make this clear it is like Greek yogurt, but tastes more like ice cream)
4) watching ADORABLE puffins waddle
5) hiking in the highlands
6) the northern lights (and the ritual of searching for them every night)
7) running through the woods every morning along the mountainside
8) Reykjavik’s accessible music scene with live music every night
9) culinary experiments with wild, hand-picked, Icelandic blueberries (pies, jams, blueberry lamb, etc.)
10) Long periods of daylight
Oh, and 11) having a HUGE studio space
Also 12) The water is tastier and the air is cleaner
And, 13) I miss Iceland a lot…can you tell?
Things I look forward to in the US:
1) GOOD MEXICAN FOOD (duh.)
2) Much cheaper vegetables (Here I come farmers market!)
3) Much cheaper Italian foods: cold cuts, cheeses, wines (yes, I stuffed my face tonight)
4) Hearing crickets and cicadas at night (just flies and spiders at Gullkistan)
5) Hugs from my Philly and B-more buddies
(Could not think of ten…I suppose that is a good thing or I am just really tired due to the time change…)
until the next time I travel…
Goodbye, Icelandic studio. :(
Purchased an Icelandic lamb leg, and marinated it in the wild blueberry jam we made yesterday, olive oil, salt, pepper, yogurt, and rosemary. Turned out very good. It was quite a moment when I was carving the leg as the same sheep used for slaughter wandered past the window next to me.
ok, Iceland…you can stop showing off now…
Oh yeh, and I SAW THE AURORA BOREALIS (NORTHERN LIGHTS) LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Please no photo requests…I was merely trying to experience the miracle)
Page 1 of 19